Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nasty Breakup with Weeds

Sorry, but I just need to get this off my chest.  Weeds sucks.  Like real hard.  I used to love it, the first few seasons were marvelous and funny and I actually gave a shit what happened in the next episode.  They all ended with awesome cliffhangers.  There were times when I loved the show so much that I probably would've curb-stomped a gypsy just to see the next episode right then and there and not have to wait a week (especially if it's a Turkish gypsy, they're the worst)

Last season was pretty wack but this season is downright preposterous.  Take for example the second (I think) episode this season.  At the end of the episode, Nancy and Andy are walking out of their weed dealer's house with a trash bag full of weed trimmings (to make hash with).  As soon as they get outside, two police officers are waiting, as the van Nancy is driving (the only one parked on the entire street) has been reported stolen and has thousands of dollars worth of tickets, as well as the wrong license plate.  As the police glare and radio the stolen car in, we see Nancy and Andy scared shitless.  Roll credits.  Great cliffhanger ending right?

WRONG.

Wanna know what they do to get out of it?  They fumble and bumble around, make up some half-assed story about how they actually live there and it's not their van, then pretend they were taking their trash bag full of weed out to the dumpster to throw it away, then put it in the wrong trash can (recycling), etc.  Yet somehow, the two completely inept cops don't ask for ID, don't talk to the people that actually live there, nothing.  Nancy and Andy just walk away and that's the last we hear of it.

This is just one example.  This shit is happening in every episode now and it's ridiculous.  Sure, I haven't seen the 5th season of Lost or any of that bullshit (I hear it's absurd), but Weeds used to be funny and realistic and awesome.  It's sad that our relationship has come to an end.  It's even sadder that this isn't a happy, let's-still-be-friends breakup.  This is a get-pissed-off, throw-her-clothes-on-the-street-and-put-her-beloved-chihuahua-Tinkerbell-in-the-oven-on-broil type breakup.

Frankly I'm offended that Showtime and Jenji Kohan think I'm stupid enough to not notice and keep watching.  I'd rather dry-heave for 26 minutes straight than encourage these assbags to keep making more television.  So FUCK YOU WEEDS, I'm out.

-Loads

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more. How do the producers of this show believe that us as viewers buy into the fact that Esteban, the most powerful dude in Mexico, simply gives up his vigilant search for his kidnapped baby because his soon to be ex-wife "scares" (and by scares I mean kindly shoots with a crossbow she only just acquired and/or uses son to hold handgun she cannot shoot) his dogs off?

    This show is more unimpressive than the fifth season of Entourage. BOO.

    If you havent already picked it up yet, Dexter is the best thing I've seen since the old school Weeds, but with a gorey edge. I just loved Michael C Hall in Six Feet Under and his performance in Dexter blows that shit out of the water.

    ReplyDelete